Tinder is one of the most popular dating platforms across the world. It has now rolled out a new feature that you can use to prevent certain contacts from finding you on the app. Yes, you can now block your friends, family, or anyone else to prevent them from seeing your dating profile on Tinder. In this article, we will walk you through a step-by-step process to block someone on Tinder before matching so they don’t see your profile on the app.
Block someone on Tinder before matching to prevent them from finding your profile
For starters, your friends, family, or other people you know can often stumble upon your dating profile on Tinder. This can make things embarrassing and you would always prefer to hide your Tinder profile from them.
This is where the new feature comes in. You can now choose to download your contact list and select which contacts you want to block or don’t want to see on the app. This will help you avoid meeting friends, relatives, and coworkers on Tinder.
What happens when you block someone’s contact number on Tinder?
- The blocked contact will not be able to see your dating profile on their Tinder app.
- Likewise, you will not come across their profile on your Tinder app.
- Blocked contacts will not be notified that you have blocked them.
- It also does not affect your existing correspondence or messages.
Block contact to hide from your friends, relatives and colleagues on Tinder
- Open the Tinder app and tap your profile icon.
- Go to Settings, scroll down and press Block contacts.
- Now grant the required permission to import your contacts.
- On the Contacts tab, select the people you want to avoid or block from your directory.
- When you’re done, tap Block contacts.
You can unblock contacts by going to the Blocked tab. Using the three-dot menu, you can also block and unblock all contacts in your phonebook with just one click.
If you don’t want to share all contacts with Tinder, there is an option to manually enter contacts. Just tap the + icon in the top right corner and add the contact to the block list.
To note :
- If the other person uses a different registration number than the one you blocked, Tinder won’t be able to prevent you from seeing yourself.
- Blocking someone doesn’t mean they have a Tinder account.
- You can stop sharing your contacts at any time in Tinder settings.
Conclusion – Prevent others from finding you on Tinder
This was about how you can block contacts on Tinder before you match. Once blocked, they won’t be able to find your profile or cross paths with you on Tinder. I hope you can now use the platform more freely, without any fear. Anyway, are you using Tinder or any other similar platform? Let me know in the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse telegram group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.